Re: [opensuse] Re: Is the Suse Linux 10.0 repository gone?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joachim Schrod" <jschrod@xxxxxxx>
To: <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 12:01 PM
Subject: [opensuse] Re: Is the Suse Linux 10.0 repository gone?

Brian K. White wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike McMullin" <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
To: <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:18 AM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Is the Suse Linux 10.0 repository gone?

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 07:18 -0700, Kai Ponte wrote:
On Friday 28 March 2008 07:13:19 am Johannes Meixner wrote:
Hello,

a user told me that
http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Repositories
lists repositories for version 10.0 but access results
usually "Error 404".

Interesting. Looks like 10.0 and 10.1 are gone from the mirrors I
checked.

I still have systems on those two releases. :(

Me too. Large production ones where the users are all interactive login
users, not web services, so they will not be upgraded or migrated
without dire need.
Luckily I have the retail dvd and luckily I made copies and images, so
when I need to install some app I didn't install originally, I can, but
what about all the updates after the dvd was cut?

What's your problem?

Both the distribution and the available updates are still there,
below ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/ and all its mirrors, e.g., on
ftp.gwdg.de. And somebody also repaired the link at the Wiki page
above.

In that case, no problem! Awsome. Thanks much.

Every mirror I looked at a few months ago when I was updating my rsync script
for refreshing my own copies of 10.0 - 10.3
I couldn't find a 10.0 anywhere. Yes I knew to look under "suse" instead of
"opensuse", or rather I looked in both just as a matter of course. I found
directories that said 10.0 but had no content or only a few oddball packages or
the original iso's, not the full ftp distribution or the updates to it. ...in
fact, that's still all I see. Wasn't there an ftp repository at one time that
had more and newer packages that didn't appear on the downloadable iso's? And
what about the updates?... ok updates I see. Maybe I just misremembered what
was out there and how it was organized. ...no, that can't be the case because I
had install sources in yast that were used to do the install, that were then
broken some time before a few months ago, so there were at least some ftp/http
repositories that existed and then went away.

I guess iso + updates = full current so I guess even so there is nothing really
to complain about.

I'm pulling down the available dvd iso to check a few packages against the
retail dvd, as I thought I saw packages at one point that were available in the
ftp repo and on the 9gig dvd and not in the 4g dvd. (autolog was one)
But now I have to imagine the 9gig was simply 9g because it was two versions of
the 4gig dvd in one, 32 & 64 bit x86, not because it had extra packages.

--
Brian K. White brian@xxxxxxxxx http://www.myspace.com/KEYofR