Re: [opensuse] 10.3 half way installed, crashed. How can I continue the install?
  • From: Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 02:07:58 -0400
David C. Rankin wrote:
John Andersen wrote:

But why bother? It only takes a short while to do it over and do it
right. The OP could have had this completed long before now
if he had done that right away instead of posting here.

The answer to your questions is: "I am the OP and sometimes I enjoy understanding a situation fully, even if it takes a little longer to do it." Redoing the install from the beginning is a no-brainer, but I would have learned nothing. Now, I can add another few pearls of wisdom to my collection.

And sometimes, figuring out how to resume takes less time.

Typically, when I do a fresh install, I spend about 2 hours
going through the package list deciding what I want to add.

Why?

Because I want to make sure that all of my partitions are
large enough AND have enough room left over to allow for
growth (new libraries, drivers, etc).

Having to repeat that would be a serious drag.
Especially since touching a file and rebooting takes
only a minute.

Understanding is wonderful thing......