Re: [opensuse] Unstable system - culprit identified
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:39:15 -0500
Per Jessen wrote:

Hi David

I think I did reply (a little late though) on-list, but it seems to me
that the key thing is that you're not doing anything to provoke the
lockups.

Per,

I have been doing a little more investigation under the guidance of, and with the help of, master kernel builder, Sir Engelhardt. (I hope I remembered that right ;-)

One issue that looks promising as the culprit is the nvidia module. Were you by chance also loading the nvidia module on your Gigabyte system? What video card were you using?

Also, what is a good torture test to run to see if I can make the system lock. IIRC you were using mprime. Any other simple ones you know of? Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC