Re: [opensuse] 10.3 half way installed, crashed. How can I continue the install?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:21:11 +0100
On Monday 31 March 2008 17:57:04 Jon Clausen wrote:
On Sun, 30 Mar, 2008 at 14:37:15 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

<snip>

The system boots fine with only 4-5 module errors due to the fact that
the install never got to the point where you configure the network card,
video, etc.. I have experienced this once before and was able to continue
the install, but for the life of me, I cannot recall how.

I may be wrong about this, but I *do* remember something about a 'simple'
one or two step procedure, which tells the system to continue a half-way
install.

Basically it's something about 'touch'ing a file somewhere, which then
tells YaST to proceed to the post-initial-reboot system setup.

touch /var/lib/YaST2/runme_at_boot

will do it.

Anders