Re: [opensuse] Is it possible to remove a disappeared Panel, and install a new one?
  • From: auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:38:29 +0300
On Sunday 30 March 2008, Stan Goodman wrote:
It is really difficult to operate without the Panel that has vanished,
because it contains the virtual desktops. If I could destroy the thing
and make a new one, and could emplace the applets on it as they were,
life would be much easier. Can that be done?

Do you mean that the panel doesn't start when logging in? I had the same
problem some months ago, it was caused by a .desktop file (kcmkicker.desktop
if I remember correctly) in the .kde directory. Try deleting it.