Re: [opensuse] Installation from network
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 03:25:02 -0400 (EDT)
John Andersen wrote:
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Travis Beaty <twbeaty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello.

On Saturday 29 March 2008 04:07:24 pm Danesh Daroui wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am tryting to install OpenSUSE 10.3 using "Network installtion". I
> have already downloaded OpenSUSE mini CD. The problem is that when I am
> installing OpenSUSE in this way, it sayd that "Could not find OpenSUSE
> Repository, Activating manual installtion" and then it asks for
> repository IP and other questions which is very hard to follow. Can
> anybody help to install OpenSUSE without manual installtion?
>
> Regards,
>
> Danesh

Perhaps this is an issue with the repository? At the moment, I am having
trouble connecting to the repositories. Of course, that may just be me.
:-D

Nope. Its not just you. I can't get there either. Not even with a
web browser.

Hi,
the current problems with the servers aside, the issue about not being able to
find the repositories is a normal one for the net installation. When the
install program can't find the Suse repositories contained on the installation
DVD because one is installing from the net install cd, it goes to a manual
installation screen. From there one elects to do a net installation, either
ftp or http. The repositories are then provided via the net server. Please
take a look at the howtos I wrote if you wish to understand the process
further. There is a graphic of the Activating Manual Installation screen
included.

http://en.opensuse.org/SuSE_FTP_Net_Install_with_screenshots

http://en.opensuse.org/SuSE_HTTP_Net_Install_with_screenshots

Regards,