Re: [opensuse] Computer keeps ejeting CD-Rom
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 22:32:30 +0100
Hi!

Am Samstag 29 März 2008 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
The Saturday 2008-03-29 at 13:40 +0100, Matthias Bach wrote:
Am Samstag 29 März 2008 schrieb Matthias Bach:
After installing OpenSUSE 10.3 the computer keeps ejecting any not
ativly used CD after a view Minutes.

Just an addition. The system is running KDE. If nobody is logged in the
computer will not start ejecting the CD.

Disable automount. Or at lest, manually mount the CD. Or in a konsole or
xterm, do a "cd" to the cdrom directory: this way the directory will be
active and can not be umounted.

Yes, this solution technically works, but it doesn't work for me. There are
other people using the computer who are not power users and don't want to see
an xterm or konsole, therefore I would still be happy about any other
solutions.

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke