Re: What diagnostic info to grab? - Re: [opensuse] Disappeared Panel
  • From: James Bullock <jbullock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:57:35 -0700

Fred A. Miller wrote:
James Bullock wrote:

Clever or not so clever application naming aside, I'm seeing the same "Disappeared Panel" from time to time, starting about a week ago along with some other symptoms. I'd like to help diagnose this. What info should / could I grab? Where can I route the info?

This is an old bug that has never been fixed in KDE! I suspect there are several causes, one of them is moving the mouse while clicking on any icon or open folder on the bar. A restart of kicker DOESN'T always bring back the bar.

Fred

Thanks.

And FWIW, it just happened again, so I got to answer my other question: "Yes, kicker is the KDE restart / clean-ish start thing." (<alt><f2>, "xterm", and "kicker"<cr>) Which thanks to Fred I know might not work all the time.

Sigh. So, is this supposed to be better in KDE 4?

Onward . . .

- Jim