Re: [opensuse] Disappeared Panel
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:03:33 +0300
On Saturday 29 March 2008 22:35:18 Rikard Johnels wrote:
On Saturday 29 March 2008 19:46, Stan Goodman wrote:
On Saturday 29 March 2008 21:28:51 Felix Miata wrote:
On 2008/03/29 21:16 (GMT+0300) Stan Goodman apparently typed:
On Saturday 29 March 2008 20:55:28 Matthias Bach wrote:
Am Samstag 29 MÀrz 2008 schrieb Stan Goodman:
The Panel of my KDE Desktom has disappeared in mid-session. I
do not associate this with any action of mine. How can I get
it back?

Is your screen adjusted so nothing off the ends, top or bottom is
cut off? Maybe the kicker panel button got accidentally clicked and
is hidden off the edge of the screen. You could try burying the
mouse pointer in a bottom corner and clicking to see.

That was the first thing I did. I poked about with the mouse along
all the edges and in all the corners (I thought perhaps there might
be a sensitive point to bring it up, but there isn't. The bottom edge
of the Desktop does not seem to have been extended off the display,
and there is no veritcal scrollbar to show that there is more than
what meets the eye. And anyway, when the Panel does appear
momentarily at boot, it is right where it should be.

Launch kicker.

In the absense of the chameleon at the left end, I do not know
how to call up a command line. How is that done?

Press Alt + F2.

I tried this earlier. What I don't know is what Alt-F2 calls the
command line. I tried "terminal", but it doesn't know that.

Try konsole when the run command window comes up.

I have it now, because someone else mentioned it. It's very klever.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Does kicker run? (ps -ax)
What does the comandline tell you if you run it again?
Any error messages?

I understand you are asking me to run ps -ax in a console. This brings ut
the following:
*****
stan@poblano:~> ps -ax
Warning: bad ps syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See
http://procps.sf.net/faq.html
*****
followed by a long list in which there is no mention of "kicker" at all.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on