Re: [opensuse] Disappeared Panel
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:51:20 +0300
On Saturday 29 March 2008 21:46:38 Joe Sloan wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
On Saturday 29 March 2008 21:22:03 K.R. Foley wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
On Saturday 29 March 2008 20:55:28 Matthias Bach wrote:
Hi!

Am Samstag 29 März 2008 schrieb Stan Goodman:
The Panel of my KDE Desktom has disappeared in mid-session. I do
not associate this with any action of mine. How can I get it
back?

Launch kicker.

In the absense of the chameleon at the left end, I do not know
how to call up a command line. How is that done?

Press Alt + F2.

I tried this earlier. What I don't know is what Alt-F2 calls the
command line. I tried "terminal", but it doesn't know that.

Try konsole.

This is hilarious. I tried "console", which of course didn't work,
because I was not cute enough. Score another for KDE.

While konsole is the kde terminal program, I'd have never thought
"console" to be the name of a program, as it's more of a generic term.
As a unix guy, my first instinct would probably have been xterm...

Oh well, live and learn.
Joe

I am doing my very best to do just that.

I don't think of "console" as being the name of a program either,
nor "terminal", for that matter -- probably because I don't think of the
command line as a program, but just as a command line.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on