Re: [opensuse] opensuse 11 A3 hangs installing on virtualbox
  • From: Adam Jimerson <vendion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:57:27 -0400
On Friday 28 March 2008 07:15:32 pm Vahe Avedissian wrote:
Folks,

I tried installing opensuse 11 A3 on virtual box and it is still sitting at
the "probe hard disk controllers" set for several hours now, I'll probably
kill it before the end of the day...

Anyone else see this problem?

Vahe

I had the same problem, I even tried using the hwprobe=-parallel,-misc.par
workaround suggested in the announcement for openSUSE 11 A3, still no go...
didn't know if I bugreport for it was needed... I kind of gave up on it after
a couple of hours fighting a losing battle.