Re: [opensuse] Sendmail help
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:25:19 +1030
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 05:54:49 Mike Grau wrote:
Actually it did show up, and someone asked a question in reply.
Search the archives, there might have been a solution posted.

There was the usual question as to why you would compile instead of using
the suse packages, but I assume you had your reasons.

Okay - I see it did indeed show up. No solution though. I was building
sendmail because that's what I knew how to do from my pre-linux days.
I'll probably just use the rpm sendmail, but the rpm sendmail config
seems extremely convoluted as opposed to a simple "sh Build -c install"
or "sh Build sendmail.cf", but perhaps I can still learn something new.
We'll see.

Thanks all!

Mike,

Some time ago I came across a script that takes all the pain out of
configuring sendmail for a basic setup. It handles all the common options and
will also configure fetchmail for you as well. Simple q&a style with plain
english explanations of what you're configuring.

I just googled it and found it at
http://blogs.linux.ie/download/install-sendmail-6.0.tar.gz

It was last updated for sendmail 8.12.x - I have tested it with the current
version on openSuse and it works fine for my needs.

Caveat: It is no longer supported by the author and there is no guarantee that
it will continue to work with future versions of sendmail.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Rodney.