Re: [opensuse] /bin/rm: Argument list too long
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:06:42 +0100 (CET)
Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

The Thursday 2008-03-27 at 12:02 +0100, Istvan Gabor
wrote:

How can I delete these files w/o removing the folder
itself?

Is this an exercise? What's wrong with "rm -rf
.thumbnails/ large"
followed by "mkdir .thumbnails/large"?

It can occur that I have to delete only files with a similar
pattern, eg 'rm aaaaa*'. In this case I can't delete the
whole
directory.

The names of the files in that directory are senseless, they
don't give
clue as to what they are:

0694ea8c9e6477a095825eb551cf28f2.png
4b9cd3078b260f5f03f2e610f732f0f6.png
9ac2860069d366c54423ecd73798a05a.png
c9cfb18168937465468927a0b301e2dc.png
16e952d9bf2b28310c12ce8c6796c544.png
4c94d243010d50921c2f70b001dc508d.png
a1011ad9c15ff97c57e1d1c9765e265b.png
cd8caec9e7653183aaa2024d56a38866.png
227d1875f47d981f3517ffc09f1fb893.png
4d9218d516505654d7afda51782df615.png
a120e43e94f91fd80e1535b5c9a8aaeb.png
cea7b6c9a8e508724f1547847caa68ee.png

So go ahead, find a pattern of what you want to delete / not
delete...

Well, I haven't stated directly but certainly meant that the
directory can be any directory with losts of files, not only
.thumbnails/large.

IG

ui: Te már megnézted, hogy diszlexiásak-e a gyerekeid?

Találtam egy szülőknek szóló diszlexiatesztet, ingyenes oldal, nem kerül
semmibe. Ne várj, töltsd ki te is! Kattints ide:
www.diszlexiateszt.hu/i.php?id=fr080325