Re: [opensuse] Hijacked?
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:13:14 -0400
Sam Clemens wrote:
Mark Misulich wrote:
Hi,
I am online at the moment at a foreign location (for me, not for the people who live here) and when I selected an website in my browser's history list and entered it, up popped an all-black browser window that I wasn't expecting. It reads:

/www.g00ns.net owns you

Anon7192 owns you.
Get secure.

irc.g00ns.net #g00ns if you wish to chat =D

A browser pop-up is not evidence of being hacked.

http://g00ns-forum.net

/ I immediately ran rkhunter, chkrootkit, and Klamav all with negative results. /

Please don't post in anything other than plain text.

/I am not sure what to do, has my system been breached?
/

/

Hi,
the browser was not a pop-up (noun), it popped up (verb) as in "The browser window that I was expecting did not appear, a differant website appeared in its place (popped up)." I blame myself for placing it in a form that you didn't recognize. I often forget that most of the world can't read english, the rest can't right it.

I did select plain text in the message tools, don't know what happened.
I did figure out that the website I was trying to reach had been hacked. Where I was staying I found some employees hacking the company computers on several previous occasions. I was trying to be careful, thanks for all who helped.

Mark