Re: [opensuse] Sendmail help
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:25:53 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2008-03-26 at 14:24 -0500, Mike Grau wrote:

Okay - I see it did indeed show up. No solution though. I was building sendmail because that's what I knew how to do from my pre-linux days. I'll probably just use the rpm sendmail, but the rpm sendmail config seems extremely convoluted as opposed to a simple "sh Build -c install" or "sh Build sendmail.cf", but perhaps I can still learn something new. We'll see.

Notice that sendmail configuration gets replaced when you run yast to configure email. This is the recommended method. After yast has done its configuration thing as close as possible to what you want, then you may change the configuration manually, and yast should not touch it ever again.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.