[opensuse] Exec option for Encrypted Partition
  • From: Alvin <alvinbeach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:41:43 -0300
Hello,

How can I set the execute option when mounting an encrypted partition? I am
using openSUSE 10.3 and have created an encrypted partition using Yast.

In 10.2, I simply added the 'exec' option to /etc/cryptotab. However, in 10.3
encrypted partitons are done using /etc/crypttab files. I have tried
adding 'exec' to the appropriate /etc/fstab entry, but that doesn't work.

The only way I have found is to remount the partition using the command:

sudo mount -o remount,exec /encrypted

I have also added the 'exec' keyword to the partitions Addition Options field
in Yast->Partitioner. 'exec' appears in the /etc/fstab entry, however it
seems to be ignored.

Thanks,

Alvin