Re: [opensuse] CUPS -- "rejecting jobs"
  • From: Adam Jimerson <vendion@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:40:28 -0400
On Tuesday 25 March 2008 08:20:19 pm Stan Goodman wrote:
After a printer jam that caused me to shut down the printer (Brother
HL-1250), the Printe tab in the CUPS interface has both "Start printer"
and "Accept jobs" in green, but "Printer state" is "stopped, rejecting
jobs, published".

The printer's power is not on, jam is gone, and there is no obvious reason
why it should not print, but it won't. How can I diagnose its problem?

The printer is connected to the LAN through an H-P print server. Just for
laughs, I turned off power to the server and restarted it, to produce an
initial condition.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

I had a problem today with CUPS doing that to my printer, although I was in
the process of sharing the printer with my laptop as well at the time, the
solution to your problem is easy, just click on the green buttons "Accept
Jobs" and "Start Printer". Once done they should turn into red buttons that
says "Stop Printer" and "Reject Jobs", also your Printer state should now
read "Idle, and accepting jobs, published" or something like that. The
reason why this happened is by default if there is a problem or an error
happens (aka Murphy's Law kicks in) then CUPS will respond by stopping the
printer.