Re: [opensuse] dual head configuration
  • From: Neil <hok.krat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:16:45 +0100
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:42 PM, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:35 PM, David Bear <david.bear@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just installed opensuse 10.3 x86_64 version.
>
> I have an nvidia quadro and two displays attached (both usigin digital
> connectors). When I open sax2 to configure my display, I don't see
anywhere
> that I can add a second monitor. There is a tab for display 1. I see the
> Quadro nvs 280 card listed -- and there are a lot of options availabel
for it
> none of which would indicate I can enable a second monitor.
>
> I see also one of the monitors that is attached. I do not see a way to
add
> the second monitor.
>
> Both flat panel displays are connected, AND I get output on both of them.
> However, only one of them has an active mouse and there is no obvious way
> switch to the other.
>
> I must be missing something very simple.
>
> Any pointers?

I know nothing about the Nvidia line.
Are you using their drivers of the default ones that came with opensuse?

I know that in order to get dual display working in with ATI cards I had to
use
the proprietary drivers.

With the proprietary Nvidia drivers there is a different program you
should run to set the correct xorg.conf file. This makes sax useless.
I do not know how it should be done with the default drivers.

Neil

--
There are two kinds of people:
1. People who start their arrays with 1.