Re: [opensuse] mv and cpio have new behavior. How do I get the old back?
  • From: Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:28:46 -0400
Per Jessen wrote:
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

Both, but I am mainly using the xfs. I have a lot of small files. The files themselves keep their times, but the directories all change.

I don't know if that's new, but it seems reasonable for the directory to
change timestamp when the contents of the directoy changes.

But the directory being moved should not change timestamp,
its contents don't change -- it merely gets unlinked from
one parent directory into a new parent directory...but the
directory itself doesn't change.

Hmmm, maybe it's because dirname/.. get modified (from the
old parent directory to the new parent directory).

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich