Re: [opensuse] mv and cpio have new behavior. How do I get the old back?
  • From: Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:57:37 -0700
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Sloan wrote:
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
I am on openSUSE 10.3 and I really hate the current behavior. On 10.0
I could do a mv and it retained the orignal date/time. Now moving the
directory changes times. I have to do a cpio to get things to stay.
When you transfer 450 GB it becomes a real problem. I only have a 1TB
drive. Once I finish getting things to this drive I will not be able
to do a cpio.

Also cpio no longer honors -pdum. I have to use
cpio -p --make-directories --preserve-modification-time
What is the output of the "mount" command, please?

suse103:~ # mount
/dev/sda2 on / type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr,commit=0)

/dev/sdb2 on /MNT0 type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr,commit=0)
/dev/sdb3 on /MNT1 type xfs (rw)
/dev/sda3 on /home type xfs (rw)

OK, you've got xfs and ext3, check - which partition displayed the symptoms you posted?

Joe