Re: [opensuse] mv and cpio have new behavior. How do I get the old back?
  • From: Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:43:17 -0700
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
Hello,

I am on openSUSE 10.3 and I really hate the current behavior. On 10.0 I
could do a mv and it retained the orignal date/time. Now moving the
directory changes times. I have to do a cpio to get things to stay. When
you transfer 450 GB it becomes a real problem. I only have a 1TB drive.
Once I finish getting things to this drive I will not be able to do a
cpio.

Also cpio no longer honors -pdum. I have to use
cpio -p --make-directories --preserve-modification-time

What is the output of the "mount" command, please?

Joe