Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird not bringing up a browser.
  • From: Wendell Nichols <wcn00@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 10:07:36 -0400
If the below entries don't work go to menu -> edit -> preferences ->advanced -> config editor and enter the filter "network.protocol-handler" and set this handler to true:
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.https

then it will spawn a new browser for each link clicked. Having them opened in a new tab will be more difficult I suppose.
If none of this works it could be because your mail folder is on another machine and you have to change the preferences on that .thunderbird directory.... like me:)
wcn

Olivier Lichtenberger wrote:
Hi Fred,

In firefox, open about:config and search for
"network-protocol-handler.app.mailto" and give there the path to your
thunderbird.

Not at all sure it is that but the subject is discussed there:
http://snipurl.com/firefox_thunderb

You can also do this: edit your

~/.thunderbird/xxxxxxx.default/prefs.js

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app", "");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/usr/bin/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/bin/firefox");

Olivier.

Fred A. Miller a écrit :
Recently, after an upgrade, T-Bird no longer will bring up any
browser. I've checked every setting in T-Bird and KDE trying to find
the problem and have finally given up. It won't bring up Konq. or
FireFox. I'm using 10.3 64-bit and KDE. Has anyone had this problem
and knows of a fix?

Thanks,

Fred