Re: [opensuse] RE: Procedure for setting up a CUPS/Samba Server to Enable print services from MS Windows.
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:16:10 -0400
Default Account pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Sorry Ken tried that it does not work - I feel the issue is the default share of the printers in Kcontrol - Also need clarification in checking 'allow guest logins' AND ' allow user to share their home directors' - default group is 'users' - this cannot help a MS client have access to the share ?

What share? The printer is not shared as in windows terminology. and samba has nothing to do with setting up a printer in XP to print to a unix based lpd based printer. I just went through this recently with a friend of mine that was visiting and needed to print from her laptop running XP. It works.

Oh, please to not top post.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998