Re: [opensuse] Mystery space in Konqueror
  • From: Mike <kenziem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:55:36 -0400
On March 24, 2008, Will Stephenson wrote:
On Friday 21 March 2008 03:13:03 Mike wrote:
On March 20, 2008, Will Stephenson wrote:
I'm wondering if kded crashed somehow, confusing the ioslavee.

thinking that this happened

kenziem@linux:~> kded&
[1] 16931

and now the 40G is back! in yellow and there is a .7gb in green below the
nfs mount.

if I then look at the properties of the NFS mount I get

kenziem@linux:~> process 16934: arguments to
dbus_message_new_method_call() were incorrect, assertion
"_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file dbus-message.c line
1074.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
KDE Daemon (kded) already running.

after this the 40GB is gone.

This means the kded module* responsible for providing information on the
system's disks to the desktop failed an internal sanity check while talking
to the system store of hardware information (hal) and died.

Bug 373401 Submitted

Highlighting the 0.7gb that appears following the nfs mouted mediavalt shows
it is 20.7 which is the used space on the drive, the 40 gb is the used space
on the main drive.

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600