Re: [opensuse] freshclam error
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:57:59 -0400
Joe Morris wrote:
On 03/24/2008 06:47 AM, Chuck Payne wrote:
Guys,

I been getting this error. I have tried to install freshclam, but it
looks like it not a part of 10.3.

WARNING: update of clamav database is disabled; please see
'/etc/sysconfig/freshclam'
for information how to enable the periodic update resp. how to turn
off this message.

Is there rpm for 10.3? If so, where can I get it?

freshclam is the update program for clamav. It is one of the files included in the clamav package. You should set it up to update via cron, or via the Yast Runlevel editor (i.e. clamd and frashclam). HTH

Hi,
if you install Klamav, you will get clamav plus a graphic interface to use it with.

Mark