Re: [opensuse] Re: Kooka
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:25:20 +0200
On Saturday 22 March 2008 19:26:56 Charles philip Chan wrote:
Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

writes:
sane-find-scanner identifies my scanner correctly [probably! =;-)8 ]
as Epson Perfection 640U.

scanimage -L says "No scanners were found", so I understand that I
have a defective scanner.

It sounds like your scanner is not setup properly in sane. The easiest
way for you to do that is to use YAST/YAST2 ("Hardware"-> "Scanner").

Charles

Quite right. But that was easily fixed, and it is now. I have found the
previously missing "Preview Scan" and "Final Scan" buttons, because they
appeared on a detached window that I never saw before. Many thanks,
Charles.

The final scan produced also a generic thumbnail (i.e. having nothing to
do with the image). I'm assuming that there is a way to make it generate
a real and more useful thumbnail; is there?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on