[opensuse] YaST crash
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:50:20 +0200
I opened YaST to check what release of SANE is installed, and found that:

v1.0.18.81-x86_64 is installed, and
v1.0.19-0.pm.2-x86_64 is available.

This is the first time I have seen such a discrepancy, and I wonder why,
if there is a newer release available, SANE had not been updated on the
frequent occasions in which I had been informed of available updates, and
had accepted their installation.

I accepted the update, and watched while YaST asked me to wait for the
update. After a bit, however, YaST crashed; a rectangle appeared first,
so I assume it had something to tell me, but then vanished so rapidly
that I am not sure that any text was actually painted. But I suppose that
this has a lot to do with the failure to update automatically, and that
the available update is defective.

Do others see the same unupdated version?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

openSuSE v10.3 64bit; KDE