Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3 beta
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:17:57 +0100
Basil Chupin schreef:
Oddball wrote:
Greg Freemyer schreef:

I'm running 64-bit. Flash works. Don't know about Java. What's a
good site to test that on?

Greg

http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Just following on from the python-gtk fiasco mentioned in another thread, I went to the above site and did THE TEST :-) , and, just as with the business of python-gtk, I am now totally c-o-n-f-u-s-e-d, to put it politely :-( .

Doing the test resulted in me being given the message, "Oooops, you are using the wrong version of java" - or words to this effect. So I go looking for the "right" version of java.

In YaST2 Software Management I can see that I have java-1_5_0-sun installed but just a little way down there is java-1_6_0-sun staring me in the face.

Both versions come from opensuse.org/update/10.3 repository so why hasn't YaST2 upgraded java to the newer 1.6 version (as indicated in the result of THE TEST)?

Ciao.

Might be caused by a bug that prevents to 'update alternatives' by default, which should be done by hand, to set it to auto for further updates.
You must first install it by hand, and then go to the site again if it has been updated, if not manualy perform 'update altenatives'.

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (Now or never...)

Besturingssysteem: Linux 2.6.25-rc5-git2-5-default x86_64
Current user: oddball@AMD64x2-sfn1
System: openSUSE 11.0 (x86_64) Alpha3
KDE: 4.00.66 (KDE 4.0.66 >= 20080313) "release 6.1"