Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3 beta
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:23:16 -0400
Basil Chupin wrote:
Fred A. Miller wrote:

[snip]

That, I can only guess. What I did, awhile ago, was to start installing both versions and some problems went away. I can only guess that there are a few odd-ball apps. that can't figure out to use version 6 as they should. ;)

Oh, how very nice! "odd-ball apps." in openSUSE. Are we moving in the direction of Windows-way of doing things?

Well, we've been there for awhile......somewhat. ;) How many times have you wanted to install an app. not installed, and it insists on an older lib. or some other file instead of using a newer version, or not been able to install an app. because you'd have to downgrade a number of files?

But the bottom line is: "So, you've installed both versions without problems?" Sounds like you have so I shall now <taking a deep breath and pushing out my chest> do the same!

Yep......NO problems............not yet anyway. ;)

(Fred, you realise that if this doesn't work out I'll have to get Guido/Aaron K/Sam Clemens pay you visit, don't you? :-D .)

Heheheheheheh.......NOT a problem. ;)

Fred

--
"Security" in Windows comes from patching a sieve.