Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3 beta
  • From: Joe Morris <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:12:23 +0800
On 03/22/2008 12:03 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Joe Morris wrote:
On 03/22/2008 11:23 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Both versions come from opensuse.org/update/10.3 repository so why hasn't YaST2 upgraded java to the newer 1.6 version (as indicated in the result of THE TEST)?
Security updates SELDOM have upgraded versions (unless it was absolutely necessary), it only updates to the same version with security patches applied, for maximum compatibility.

And I am surprised that you can come up with crap like your current response.

Where do "security updates" come into all this?!
opensuse.org/update/10.3 repository. That is the update repository for security updates.

Have you read the preceding messages in this thread?
Yes

Have you fully understood what I wrote in the message to which you have responded?
Yes.

--
Joe Morris