Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3 beta
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 05:06:29 +0100
Basil Chupin wrote:
In YaST2 Software Management I can see that I have java-1_5_0-sun
installed but just a little way down there is java-1_6_0-sun staring me
in the face.

Both versions come from opensuse.org/update/10.3 repository so why
hasn't YaST2 upgraded java to the newer 1.6 version (as indicated in
the result of THE TEST)?

Java 1.5 and 1.6 are two separate packages. One is not an update for the
other. The reason is that some applications require one or the other, so
you may want to have both installed at the same time

Anders