RE: [opensuse] guest ftp upload
The Friday 2008-03-21 at 12:29 +0100, jdd wrote:

I have from time to time need to allow some people to upload a big file to
my
secureftp (openSUSE 10.2) server.

I don't really want to open a linux account for this, nor allow anonymous
upload.

How can I setup , for example, an upload directory with a temporary
login/password?

I'm the admin of the server

You could add a linux account with a restricted shell like rbash. In 10.3
a user with rbash can do nothing at all by default; you have to add
symlinks to "/usr/lib/restricted/bin" for all commands you want to allow
them. Youd' have to add the minimun set of commands needed for ftp to
work.

The trick is that a restricted user gets:

PATH=/usr/lib/restricted/bin

and he can not change it.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

</quote>

You don't need to set a shell at all for FTP account to work. I have my FTP
users set to /bin/false, allowed login only trough FTPS and works fine.

--
Nick Zeljkovic