Re: [opensuse] Mystery space in Konqueror
  • From: Mike <kenziem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:13:03 -0400
On March 20, 2008, Will Stephenson wrote:
On Tuesday 18 March 2008 01:15:17 Mike wrote:
On March 17, 2008, Will Stephenson wrote:
On Sunday 16 March 2008, Mike said:

Ok, that's weird. kded should be running in a kde 3 session. Try and start
it by hand ("kded" at a commandline) then see what "dcop kded" says. DCOP
is introspectable so you can successively type "dcop kded" to see what DCOP
objects kded offers, "dcop kded mediamanager" to see the functions on the
mediamanager object, then "dcop kded mediamanager fullList".

The 40G is still missing but today my root appears twice.

I'm wondering if kded crashed somehow, confusing the ioslavee.
thinking that this happened

kenziem@linux:~> kded&
[1] 16931

and now the 40G is back! in yellow and there is a .7gb in green below the nfs
mount.

if I then look at the properties of the NFS mount I get

kenziem@linux:~> process 16934: arguments to dbus_message_new_method_call()
were incorrect, assertion "_dbus_check_is_valid_path (path)" failed in file
dbus-message.c line 1074.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
KDE Daemon (kded) already running.

after this the 40GB is gone.

Also noiced that there is ~40GB free on that drive so that might also explain
it, but it shows .7gb for the NFS drive which has about 20 GB in use.

After the crash I get the main partition listed twice abd the 40 GB and .7gb
are gone.

so starting kded again
kenziem@linux:~> dcop kded
KDirNotify-1
KDirNotify-2
KDirNotify-3
KDirNotify-4
MainApplication-Interface
dnssdwatcher
homedirnotify
kbuildsycoca
kded
kdevsvnd
kinetd
kmilod
ksycoca
kwalletd
mediamanager
medianotifier
networkstatus
qt/kded
remotedirnotify
systemdirnotify

kenziem@linux:~> dcop kded mediamanager fullList
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_d43fb7e3_84dc_4f3f_9aea_670c40e89c8d
sda2
118G Media

true
/dev/sda2
/
reiserfs
true

media/hdd_mounted

---
/org/kde/mediamanager/fstab/HPMediaVault:sharesVolume1BackupmntBackup
Backup
Remote Share (HPMediaVault:/shares/Volume1/Backup)

true
HPMediaVault:/shares/Volume1/Backup
/mnt/Backup
nfs