[opensuse] Xen Virtual Manager not launching x86-64
  • From: David Shauger <sollostech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:43:10 -0400
I am setting up a new Quad Xeon server with 8GB of memory to run openSUSE 10.3 under Xen to host other virtual machines in Full Virtualization. However I cannot get the Virtual Manager to launch. From the terminal I get errors regarding libvirt-proxy not being found. If I install 10.3 clean and do the patches specified at the end of the discussion under Bugzilla #329032 I can get things working. However, if I run all the latest patches for openSUSE, the Virtual Manager is broke again with the libvirt-proxy issues. Bugzilla #329032 seems to be addressing my issue directly but I don't understand why I would still be having the problem now if it has been patched since Nov 2007.

Thanks for any thoughts!