Re: [opensuse] [Fwd: What is the problem - and with whom?]
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:54:48 +1100
Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:28:52PM +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
I've been using smart now since it was available for use in openSUSE.

At the moment I am using opeSUSE v10.3 (with all of its upgrades/updates as of today).

I am also using both openSUSE's zypper and smart to upgrade the OS.

Everything was working just fine until a couple of days ago when openSUSE's zypper did some upgrades - and it so happens that I saw that python was one of the files being upgraded.

Since this upgrade, smart does not work.

While smart-updater goes away and checks for new upgrades and comes back with the information that there are new upgrades available, trying to download these new upgrades results with -- zilch.

Running smart itself produces nothing.

Running smart from a command line with, /usr/bin/smart --gui produces the error message:

system has no support for gtk python interface

But python is installed (and it was upgraded as I mentioned above).

What do I need to do to get smart working again?

What non-official SUSE repos do you have? These likely had some
python update that broke it.

The last official python update was on Feb 1st and was just a security fix.

Ciao, Marcus

The upgrade of python-gtk came from OpenSUSE Build Service dated 18 March 2008 timed 02:q6:53 EST.

Ciao.

--
If you really want to know, you won't ask me.