Re: [opensuse] Grub won't boot from /boot
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:07:32 -0400
Mark Misulich wrote:
Philipp Thomas wrote:
* Mark Misulich (munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [20080318 04:00]:

He tried to load Suse in partitions that he created on Raid1 with Acronis
Disk director. He created

You can't generally boot grub from software RAID partitions (i.e. set up by
BIOS aka fakeRAID). Have him create a /boot partition outside the RAID array
and install grub in the boot sector of that /boot partition. I bet you it'll
work right away.

Philipp
Hi,
Thanks for the answer, I will pass that on. But I still wonder why I couldn't boot from a logical /boot partition.

Mark
Hi,
I checked and both his disks are in Raid1, is there any other way around this?

Mark