Re: [opensuse] / as a LV
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 00:47:44 +0100
LDB wrote:
I had exactly the same problem - root cause was that Grub did not get
installed to the MBR of /dev/cciss/c0d0. Fix was to boot into rescue
mode, mount the root (/dev/system ... however your LVs are setup).
Then mount /dev and /proc into the newly mounted root, chroot to the
/dev/system/... root, and then re-run grub install to install into the
MBR of /dev/cciss/c0d0.
Worked like a charm here, hope it works for you as well.

Thank you Moby .. Great fix .. now I just have to figure out how to get
it automated. :)

Are you saying you tested it and it worked?

I don't see how it could possibly be the problem. Your machine booted,
so grub must be there

I think Pete Connolly's advise about using mkinitrd -f lvm2 is more
likely to work.

But you may have run into a bug in the SP1 mkinitrd. I suggest you boot
the system using the installer's "boot installed system" and run an
online update to get the latest fixes

You might also consider opening a call with novell support, so it can be
properly investigated, if none of the ideas in this thread work

Anders