Re: [opensuse] /dev/md0 borked, can't mdadm --stop it, can't swapon /dev/md0
  • From: Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:12:57 -0400

The Friday 2008-03-14 at 17:16 -0400, Antryg Revok wrote:

OK, that fixed it:
( removing "resume=/dev/md0" from /boot/grub/menu.lst )
NOW I can activate swap.

The question, then, is just how in the hell come resume blocks swap when it's on /dev/md0, and it ( usually/apparently ) doesn't do so on a conventional partition?

Possibly resume can not work from a swap device in software raid, because the raid is not yet working when the kernel tries to resume. Dunno.

If you need resume you will have to set another swap partition outside of the raid. I mean, a swap on raid, and another for resuming. I suppose it could work, setting them with different priorities so that the non raid swap is not used normally at all.

I think you can specify a partition to be used for hibernate/resume.