Re: [opensuse] Can I create an rpm from a package on my linux machine ?
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:01:49 +0100 (CET)
If I already have a package installed on my linux machine,
but also
want
to install it on another machine, and I don't have the rpm
anymore -

can I create an rpm using the already installed package ?
Short answer: no
Long answer: qualified no, you will not have the scripts that
might be
run, even if you have all the files.

You can. Eg with rpm's --repackage option.
From rpm man:
Re-package the files before erasing. The previously installed
package will be named according to the
macro%_repackage_name_fmt and will be created in the
directory named by the macro %_repackage_dir (default
value is /var/spool/repackage).

IG

Nincs időd tanulni? Nincs kedved eljárni esténként nyelvórákra? Tanulj te is
interneten! Online órák online tanárokkal az Educommtól. Érdekelnek a
részletek? Kattints ide!
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,253375,301759/click.prm