Re: [opensuse] / as a LV
  • From: LDB <thesource@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:56:11 -0400
Ciro Iriarte wrote:
2008/3/17, LDB <thesource@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
That is what I thought, but I had an old server using an older
MegaRAID and it would not activate the VG hence it would not
mount the root volume. I had to resort to non-LVM for the root
partition.

When I booted it into rescue mode, it was fine.

Thanks,

LDB

What do you mean by "would not activate the VG"?, If it can boot from
the same array using regular partitions, LVM should work. At home I
have the root on top of LVM on top of MD raid1 running Opensuse
10.3@x86_64. At the office I have root on top of LVM on top of HP
SmartArray (cciss driver) running SLES9SP3@{x86_64,i386} and
everything works fine. Did you install with / on a LV or tried some
kind of migration later?

Regards,
Ciro

Agreed, but after the autoyast installation process and during the
1st boot, it stops and spews the the following ...

Attempting manual resume
Waiting for device /dev/rootvg/root to appear: .................. not found -- exiting to /bin/sh
$

but then when I boot into rescue mode it mounts just fine ...

Any ideas??

LDB