Re: [opensuse] Can I create an rpm from a package on my linux machine ?
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:49:50 +0100
On Tuesday 18 March 2008 14.38:44, ne... wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Dirk Moolman <DirkM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
If I already have a package installed on my linux machine, but also want
to install it on another machine, and I don't have the rpm anymore -

can I create an rpm using the already installed package ?

Short answer: no
Long answer: qualified no, you will not have the scripts that might be
run, even if you have all the files.

what about rpmrebuild?
http://rpmrebuild.sourceforge.net/

Daniel