Re: [opensuse] Starting a Java application
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:22:57 -0700

How exactly did you copy it?

Are you perhaps thinking ASCII-mode FTP or the equivalent?

Something along those lines, yes

Anders

Would the file maybe need to be converted from EBCDIC to ASCII. Just
curious as this often the case in files from an IBM system which is
where OS/2 comes from.

Is it time to start the openSUSE-Humor list?

I spent close to a year (in '98) writing a VB app to image-enable an old
mainframe system.

Everytime I interacted with the mainframe I had to do an EBCDIC <> ASCII
conversion of the interface.

There's no humor in that. :P

--
kai