Re: [opensuse] Starting a Java application
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:43:37 -0700

when you issue your command. Or can you tell me the absolute paths
of these two jars (beginning with "/")?

I am in the "genj" directory. The jar files are in a subdirectory
of "genj" called "lib". Thus I reference e.g. the file "genj.jar"
as "./lib/genj.jar". I think that is correct.

You could confirm that by entering the command:

% ls -l ./lib/genj.jar ./lib/jhbasic.jar

Ls should find them. But I'd still do what Alexander said and use
absolute path names in the classpath. And realistically, you should be
launching this via a script, either one that's included with the
program or, lacking that, one of your own construction. And if the
application came with launch scripts, they may perform other necessary
start-up behavior that's not happening when you go straight to
launching the Java program.

Is it possible that this application uses native code? If so, you'll
need a 64-bit version of the shared object libraries that supply it.

Do other Java applications work OK on the same system that fails to
launch this one?

--
Stan Goodman

Randall Schulz