Re: [opensuse] Starting a Java application
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:25:50 +0200
On Monday 17 March 2008 23:04:41 Alexander Winizki wrote:
Stan Goodman schrieb:
** Reply to message from Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt@xxxxxxx> on Mon, 17
Mar 2008 18:17:54 +0100

Stan Goodman schrieb:
I have been using this Java app for many years under OS/2, and want
now to run it in openSuSE.

The starting command that I have been trying to use (from a
terminal, in the application's own directory) is:

<java -cp ./lib/genj.jar:./lib/jhbasic.jar genj.app.App>

The two jar files are what I know to be required to run this
application, and they are just where they should be; spelling and
case are correct. The jar files have three "r"s in their
permisisons. Yet running this command yields only the exception
warning:

genj/app/App

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't see what.

are you sure that you issue the command from the correct working

I am.

directory? the command you use means that
the paths./lib/genj.jar and ./lib/jhbasic.jar are relative to your
current working directory at the moment

Quite right.

when you issue your command. Or can you tell me the absolute paths of
these two jars (beginning with "/")?

I am in the "genj" directory. The jar files are in a subdirectory
of "genj" called "lib". Thus I reference e.g. the file "genj.jar"
as "./lib/genj.jar". I think that is correct.

then I will tell you the correct command.
Greetings,
Alex

--
Stan Goodman