Re: [opensuse] Starting a Java application
  • From: Alexander Winizki <awinizki@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:04:41 +0100
Stan Goodman schrieb:
** Reply to message from Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt@xxxxxxx> on Mon, 17 Mar 2008
18:17:54 +0100

Stan Goodman schrieb:
I have been using this Java app for many years under OS/2, and want now to run
it in openSuSE.

The starting command that I have been trying to use (from a terminal, in the
application's own directory) is:

<java -cp ./lib/genj.jar:./lib/jhbasic.jar genj.app.App>

The two jar files are what I know to be required to run this application, and
they are just where they should be; spelling and case are correct. The jar
files have three "r"s in their permisisons. Yet running this command yields
only the exception warning:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: genj/app/App

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't see what.
are you sure that you issue the command from the correct working directory? the command you use means that
the paths./lib/genj.jar and ./lib/jhbasic.jar are relative to your current working directory at the moment
when you issue your command. Or can you tell me the absolute paths of these two jars (beginning with "/")?
then I will tell you the correct command.
Greetings,
Alex