Re: [opensuse] Starting a Java application
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:38:51 +0100
Stan Goodman wrote:
I have been using this Java app for many years under OS/2, and want now to run
it in openSuSE.

The starting command that I have been trying to use (from a terminal, in the
application's own directory) is:

<java -cp ./lib/genj.jar:./lib/jhbasic.jar genj.app.App>

The two jar files are what I know to be required to run this application, and
they are just where they should be; spelling and case are correct. The jar
files have three "r"s in their permisisons. Yet running this command yields
only the exception warning:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: genj/app/App

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't see what.

Which version of GenealogyJ are you using there? The latest one, 2.4.4,
doesn't contain the genj.app domain, it is genj.geo. There isn't an App
class either

And you're supposed to start it with the run.sh script

Anders