Re: [opensuse] Starting a Java application
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:27:12 -0700
On Monday 17 March 2008 11:04:21 am Stan Goodman wrote:
** Reply to message from Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt@xxxxxxx> on Mon, 17 Mar

The starting command that I have been trying to use (from a terminal,
in the application's own directory) is:

<java -cp ./lib/genj.jar:./lib/jhbasic.jar genj.app.App>

I don't know what the -cp does...

Under OS/2, I used quite a few Java applications. What I have seen is that
the NoClassFoundError is pretty much a general purpose thing that can
happen when virtually anything triggers it. I am hoping that someone more
knowledgeable than me can detect what is triggering it now, because I just
don't see it.

Right.

Basically, your command isn't launching anything.

If your executable is in one of the jar files then you need to run the -jar
switch.

For example, here's how I run a project I'm working on..

kai@xwing:/> java -jar ./gerry.jar

If you're trying to set a classpath in addition to the jar, I believe that may
or may not be supported.

java -cp someclassfile.jar:someotherclassfile.jar myCoolApplication

What version of Java do you have?

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com