Re: [opensuse] / as a LV
  • From: "Ciro Iriarte" <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:01:49 -0400
2008/3/17, LDB <thesource@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

That is what I thought, but I had an old server using an older
MegaRAID and it would not activate the VG hence it would not
mount the root volume. I had to resort to non-LVM for the root
partition.

When I booted it into rescue mode, it was fine.

Thanks,

LDB

What do you mean by "would not activate the VG"?, If it can boot from
the same array using regular partitions, LVM should work. At home I
have the root on top of LVM on top of MD raid1 running Opensuse
10.3@x86_64. At the office I have root on top of LVM on top of HP
SmartArray (cciss driver) running SLES9SP3@{x86_64,i386} and
everything works fine. Did you install with / on a LV or tried some
kind of migration later?

Regards,
Ciro