Re: [opensuse] Re: Xen on production environments
  • From: "Ciro Iriarte" <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:55:54 -0400
2008/3/16, Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > NTP: All of our systems gets the same config, including ntp-source.
> > We use a library of xml-files to create them. No manual intervention
> > needed. It's a known bug at a lower level.
>
> I've read that if you use paravirtualization, you should not use NTP
> with the VMs, only for the VM host (dom0)

Or use independant wall clock

Well, given Xen manages already the clock thing, i see using NTP for
the VMs too as overhead, dunno...

> Sounds cool, but are you using some PXO/PXS cards?, or it's pure
> VOIP?, the guys in charge of the IVR service use some of them just to
> serve as IVRs...

No, these images are pure voip.
We have on a number of buildings/locations a amount of ata's and
desktop's with tdm-boards and also a "production-grade" server
connecting to the pstn-network
Machines are inter-connected with SIP / IAX
This way we can easily experiment with little impact.

Cool..

hw
--

Ciro