Re: [opensuse] Re: Xen on production environments
  • From: "Ciro Iriarte" <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:27:55 -0400
2008/3/13, mourik jan c heupink <heupink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> No Xen adopters?, is that bad?.

We are running xen here. Performance is good, though I guess that very
much depends on what you want to do in your virtual machines.

We have a double quad core machine, 8 gig ram, and one virtual machine
is being used to run statistical analysis on. (stata multicore)

This works _very_ fast.

But I'm sure many other people here have much more interesting stories
to tell?

Mourik Jan

Sounds pretty much the same hardware i'm going to use.... Initially
i'll use two or three virtual machines, one will run mysql and the
other one probably nagios and custom web apps (or these two will be
splitted). splet

Currently i'm running mysql on a DL380 G3 and the others apps on a
DL380G4. We will have access to our SAN for this new machine (G5), so
I want to store the VMs there (great to move them around between VM
hosts).

CI.-